Today’s automotive marketplace offers a broad range of car accessories. Some accessories are important to have on hand for roadside emergencies, and some are practical items that can make your life a little easier. Accessories are also available that can help display your personality and show your coolness factor.
With a plethora of accessory options available at authorized dealerships and after-market, choosing the right one can get confusing.
We listed down the “must-have” car accessories.
1. Interior Car Accessories
1. Floor and Dicky Mats: are essential to keep your car cabin clean and tidy. It is better to buy PVC/Rubber Mats rather than economical fabric mats. They provide better durability and are easier to clean in.
2. Sun film: This helps to protect the interiors and occupants from the extreme climatic conditions.
3. Seat Covers: We recommend art leather for its value
4. Air-freshener: Keeps the interiors smelling fresh. Scroll-type fresheners which fit on the air-con louvers are very popular and effective.
2. Electrical Accessories
1. Reverse Parking Sensors – Especially useful to save the car Rear Bumper / Body from Collision with a Rear Object as also shows distance with a rear object while reversing and beep alarm in case of too close to object.
2. Reverse Parking Camera with Display: If the budget permits.
3. Audio System installation / upgrade: If required.
4. Auto Dimming IRVM (Inside Rear View Mirror): A very useful accessory for someone who drives often at night or on highway. It protects by dimming in the headlight glare of cars in rear view mirror.
3. Accessories for Safety / Security
1. Remote-locking security system: If you Car does not have Keyless Lock. Upgrade with a Remote Central Lock with a Security Alarm System. No need to check manually check every time whether doors are locked. Its important to protect car safety by using Security Alarm Feature protection.
2. Steering Grip lock / Gear Lock: Especially Useful and should be the first and foremost accessory for securing your car. Its Important to use Gear Lock as first level protection of car from theft.
3. Headlight bulb upgrade: Only if stock bulbs are inadequate. Upgrade headlight bulbs to more powerful ones with the appropriate relay and wiring.
4. Fog lights: Especially useful, if you stay in North India or areas which have dense fog during winters. It helps you drive and cruise through fog during winters. Also provide a life-saving backup if the headlights malfunction.
5. Mirror Lock: Some cars require this to prevent theft of standard wing mirrors.
6. Comprehensive Tool Kit: Standard tool kits are always minimalist, so get one that is as comprehensive as a Swiss army knife.
7. Extra fuses: For crucial parts such as the headlight, starter etc.
8. Fire Extinguisher: Can save you and your car in the event of an electrical short-circuit etc.
9. Tyre / Puncture repair kit: A must for highway travelers.
4. Exterior Accessories
1. Tyre Upgrade: Some models of cars come severely under-sized tyres from the factory. We would highly recommend you to upgrade your tyres to a more appropriate size. You can do this straight from the showroom to get the best exchange price.
2. Alloy Wheels: If the budget permits.
Why You Should Use Car Accessories
Your car is an expensive investment, and by purchasing the right accessories you can keep your car looking good, prevent yourself from becoming stranded by the side of the road, and show the world how cool you are.